- Theory : working of a private fm radio station today
- Practical : various elements of a radio station , voice modulation and production.
- Radio: characteristics of the medium
- FM history and different stations and their formats
- Thinking radio and language for the medium.
- Diction and pronunciation.
(Exercise: listening different formats and analysis)
Voice and Radio
- Mood mapping
- Vocal exercise
- How to master the art of voice overs.
(Exercise: talking voices and characters)
Introduction to the Real Station
- What makes a radio station.
- Departments and overview
- Roles of various professionals
- Music and Dayparting.
- Thinking listeners and making shows.
- Writing for ears: scripting for radio
- Presentation and style.
- Understanding one’s own self and likes.
- Writing for own shows
- How to be a storyteller
- How to handle calls.
Thinking unusual for the usual.
- Understanding Misc
- Editing for radio and use of silence
- Jingle making.
- Sweepers / bumpers/ links
- Promos and sound effects.
- Radio terminology and day to day use.
Elements within a show
- Interviews and various types.
- OB or outdoor broadcast
- Utilities : traffic, weather, stock.
- PPF or pre packaged features
( Excercise: preparing an interview)
Creative solution or client based
- Designing campaigns for the client
- Writing ads
- Dealing with social causes and commercial ideas.
( Excercise: Making of a spot)
- A 10-minute show
- An Ad
- Group jingle