Media studies courses may vary significantly in their content and approach to the subject, but HIMCOM offers a combination of practical preparation for a career in media, alongside opportunities to learn from industry stalwarts and media scholars.
HIMCOM recognizes that in addition to classroom lessons and practical traineeship, an ideal integrated learning environment is indispensable to enable each student to realize his/her academic & professional potentials to the fullest.
It has, therefore, been one of our greatest priorities to equip our campus with state-of-the-art equipment and learning devices, a wide range of facilities and resources which support students throughout their academic career at the Institute and make a remarkable difference in overall experience.
Highlights of HIMCOM capabilities:
- Get 100 % assured placement on the basis of our live studio, newsroom, PCR, MCR training in News Time 24X7 and the University examination Results.
- Get UGC Recognized Degrees + Industry Integrated Diplomas (Autonomous) based on rigorous practical training.
- Get to study a course designed & developed by veterans of the Media Industry and experienced faculty members like IIMC and different leading media institute/academy.
- Get dynamically trained by top-notched broadcast professionals from various news channels.
- Get guidance from esteemed guest-faculty panel includes media industry experts from electronic media, print media, news agencies, cinema, advertising, graphics and research agencies who have experience of working with the big names like BBC, Doordarshan, NDTV, Aaj Tak, IBN7, CNN/IBN7, Times Now, News Time 24×7, Star News, India TV, CNBC, The Statesman, Hindustan Times, Times Of India, The Hindu, Dainik Jagran and many more.
- Get practical exposure in state-of-the-art TV Studios, TV Newsrooms, Assignment Desks, Output Desks, NRCS (Newsroom Computerized Systems), Ingest Department, Teleport system of News Time 24×7.
- Get specialization in Print journalism and get a chance to learn from esteemed print organizations.
- Get individual attention in the classes because of low student-teacher ratio. The parents will be periodically informed about the progress of their wards.
- Get trained on In-house DTP, Newsroom, Circulation, Marketing, Sales, Production, Printing & Online facilities.
- Get the feel of Online Editing (MCR –Master Control Room & PCR –(Production Control Room).
- Get prepared on Apple Editing Machines with FCP (Final Cut Pro), PD 170 & Studio DSR Cameras.
- Get geared up on High-end Graphic Machines and Live Broadcast Graphics softwares.
- Get Scholarships if you are a highly talented and deserving candidate.
- Get assistance for getting Education Loan from public sector banks.
- Get adequate Hostel Facilities (for all out-station students).