This course is a designed to build basic video production principles. This course will incorporate both studio and field production techniques using both analog and digital technology. Using lectures, screenings and hands-on labs, students will gain a more in-depth understanding of video production and the business of video production. Students gain production experience working individually and in groups. Technical and aesthetic aspects of scripting, lighting, camera work, continuity, post production editing, logistics and budgeting will be incorporated into this course.
Course Objectives: At the completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- work as part of a studio/field crew
- use single-camera production techniques for post production editing
- edit productions using various video and audio sources
- prepare budget for a video production
- write script and storyboard various format productions
Internship: Two Months Internship in media industry.